Gavin Davis M.D.
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. Gavin Davis is experienced in advanced technology cataract surgery, corneal transplants, eyelid surgery, glaucoma management and comprehensive eye care. His focus is on maximizing outcomes for his patients while providing a personalized approach to medicine.
Dr. Davis grew up outside of Atlanta, GA. He later moved to Charleston, SC for medical school where he met his bride, Dr. Devon Davis. After completing his fellowship at Johns Hopkins, they started their careers in Augusta, GA where they were blessed with a beautiful daughter named Avery. They moved to Irmo, SC to be closer to family and are excited to join the community of doctors serving The Midlands of South Carolina. Outside of work, Dr. Davis can be found spending time with his family, relaxing outdoors, and playing on the lake.
B.B.A: The University of Georgia
Medical: The Medical University of South Carolina
Internship: The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Residency: The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Cornea Fellowship: Johns Hopkins Hospital
Professional Medical Memberships
The American Academy of Ophthalmology
Honors & Awards
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude with High Honors
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (Pre-Med Honors Society)
- Beta Gamma Sigma (Business Honors Society)
- Delta Epsilon Iota (National Honors Society)
- Gold Key (International Honors Society)
- Honors Program
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Medical Honors Society)
- Brass Apple Award (Outstanding Resident Teacher)
- Top Doctor 2017